Pages

Friday, February 15, 2008

Welcome to our den

Welcome to our den-our sanctuary!

All day long at work it seems my husband and I rush around to meetings. At one point during the day, though, we’ll talk about our evening plans. The fire we’ll make, the Chinese food picnic we’ll have on the rug, the fur-like blankets we’ll all use to snuggle. When I get off the phone, I am refocused. I know at the end of the day, all the day’s weariness will dissipate in this room.


My favorite Saturday evening is spent here with a fire, a glass of Pinot Grigio, and the New York Times on my lap. Does that make me misanthropic? Maybe! But I’ve learned as I get older to relish slices of solitude. To replenish myself for another weekly round of gymnastics, basketball, making lunches and the wrench thrown in you can’t expect (this week a broken washing machine!), I need time and space to replenish the soul. This room refills me every time!

But then, so does a wonderful Valentine message from a secret admirer! Hmmm I wonder who this could be from?? Enjoy your day!

15 comments:

Kathleen Grace said...

Your secret admirere makes the sweetest love notes! LOL What a treasure. I think I would grab the nearest kid and give them a big hug & kiss, you know, as a stand in for your secret admirer:>)

Unknown said...

Hi Tara,

Looks cozy and comfy at your house!
Your little one does leave the sweetest notes for you!

Annie

Mary said...

Awww, what a sweet secret admirer you've got!

Love your den, Tara, it looks like the perfect place to unwind. I'm definitely a misanthrope, too, so I totally understand.

Have a wonderful weekend,
xoxo,
Mary

A Romantic Porch said...

Beautiful den! Your daughter's note is SO sweet! xo RAchel

Deb said...

You are so lucky to have a secret admirer who writes such lovely notes for you :-}
Your den is so cozy & inviting!

Unknown said...

This home looks so inviting, I am ready to come over for a cup of coffee. Tara, you stopped by as I was creating my game of tag...you're it. Stop by and collect the rules. Blessings, Karen

Abbie said...

Hi Tara!
I got your package in the mail and it was PERFECT AND FABULOUS! I'll be posting about it this weekend.. Thank you!! ♥ Your den looks so comfy.. I could see myself flopped on your couch.
Have a wonderful weekend!
:)Abbie

Barb McMahon and Alan Mailloux said...

I want to curl up in the blue chair!

annechovie said...

There's no place like home for comfort! (I think that's a Jane Austen quote) Love the note from your secret admirer....

Cottage Contessa said...

What a sweetheart your secret admirer is! Tara I love your den, it looks warm and cozy, I can just imagine a loving family relaxing in there together by the fire. What a beautiful picture that makes! I hope your Valentine's was wonderful, and that you weekend is lovely and relaxing for you sweetie!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Beth Leintz said...

I agree- the older and busier I get, the more I relish some time alone at home. I'd love to cozy up in that big blue chair of yours with a book, a fire and a cozy blanket- and I'd probably end up taking a little nap.

Lori said...

Tara, great room for a good wine and a great book!! Lori

Judy said...

Priceless valentine!

Judy

Anonymous said...

Sorry too much brick for me...you need artwork or something above the fireplace....also the blue rug needs to go.

Nice large room though

blah said...

Oh that secret admirer is way too cute!! Love it:-)