Pages

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Overnight French Toast

During Thanksgiving weekend we always have the neighbors in for brunch. We serve plenty of mimosas and Company French Toast. We have 11 kids in total that have all been raised together and they all love this...it bakes in the oven and makes the house smell cinammonny (not a word but you know what I mean!) -- a great smell to wake up to! You can't see it, but the brown sugar and cinnamon is on the bottom. As soon as the neighborhood kids came in, ranging in ages from 8 to college, I was asked, "Did you make the French Toast?"

I'll also serve this Christmas morning and bake it while we are opening the presents! Now you can, too!

Overnight Company French Toast

1/2 cup butter
1 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
12 slices white bread (remove crust)
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk


Melt butter in bowl in microwave. Stir in brown sugar and cinnamon. Pour into bottom of 13x9 baking dish. Place bread slices over sugar mixture. Beat eggs and milk in bowl. Pour over bread slices. Chill, covered, overnight. The next morning, bake in 350 degree oven, uncovered, for 45 minutes. Serve with warm syrup, fresh fruit or confectionary sugar.

YUMMY!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow...that sounds perfect for Christmas morning breakfast....it must make the house smell heavenly and Christmasy. :) I make a cinnamon/nut bread that bakes as we open gifts that does the same thing. Thank you for sharing and Happy Birthday to your youngest towhead.

amanda said...

Yay! Sounds wonderful!!! Thanks for sharing - I can't wait to try it out!

Rue said...

Good morning Tara :)

I copied that recipe and it's on my Christmas morning menu now ;)

I loved all the parade pictures!! Is it weird to want a coat like Santa? LOL

Happy belated Birthday to two of your beautiful children :)

hugs,
rue

Sandi McBride said...

Now that looks wonderful...and I know this a recipe that I will be using very soon! Thanks!
hugs
Sandi

Kathleen Grace said...

This sounds so good! Thanks for the recipe:>)

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Mmmmmm...I can almost smell that cinnamon right through the computer! I'd love to have soem of that tara -- nice tradition to!

Hugs, Pat

pve design said...

I am still licking my lips over the mimosa's - there is something so fresh and bubbly about them.
2nds for me of the french toast.
pretty please.

oliver rain said...

Just what I was thinking of making for Christmas brunch. Now I don't need to track down a recipe. Thank you!

Cottage Contessa said...

Perfect for Christmas morning! Thanks Tara!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Unknown said...

Wow,
This is a great solution to creating a great breakfast on Christmas morning. Thanks for this Tara.

Karen

Unknown said...

I dont have to try it to know its super yummy!! Tara, I re-read your post on My Voglia again..so beautiful..a good reminder on why I have my children..when they dont drive me nuts *wink*

Kelly said...

Tara I have been searching for something like this ..thanks a bunch, it sounds wonderful!

Kelly