Pages

Monday, November 24, 2008

Easy Thanksgiving Treats

Thanksgiving morning it would be great to wake up to these scones coming out of the oven. They are so easy to make and taste wonderful! They are from my new favorite cookbook by Pam Anderson, Recipes for Having People Over. (See post below!) Heck, our own people, the ones we live with and love, should get the good things we would make for company, right?
I made these twice last week! They flew out of the house..the kids and my husband grabbed them on the way out the door for their daily commute!

SIMPLE SCONES
1/2 c. sour cream
1 lg egg
2 cups flour
6 tbs sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 c raisins
8 tabs (1 stick) butter, FROZEN
Set oven to 400 degrees. Whisk sour cream and egg in small bowl until smooth. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and raisins in medium bowl. Grate butter into flour mixture, using large holes of grater. Toss to combine. Stir in sour cream mixture until large lumps of dough form. Use your hands to press dough against sides and bottom of bowl to form a ball. (there may not seem like enough liquid at first, but as you press, the dough will come together).
Place dough on lightly floured work surface ...

Pat into a 7 inch circle about 3/4 inch thick. Use sharp knife to cut into 8 triangles.





Place about 1 inch apart on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper (easy cleanup!)


Bake until golden, 15 minutes. Serve warm eith tea, coffee, jelly, YUMMY!!!!!!!!!


Your family will thank you! :0) Wish we could share them together!











20 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love scones---I just copied that recipe of yours---thank you!
Your pictures just made my mouth water!
Dana

bluemuf said...

Dana, these look so good. I've just copied the recipe and will try them this week.

Thank you for sharing

Karen

Tracy said...

YUM!! I just love scones...any way, any flavor, I love 'em! This a very nice recipe...thanks, Tara! Hope you & your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving this week ((HUGS))

Just A Girl said...

Oh these look so yummy, Tara. I've been wanting to make scones so maybe I'll try your recipe. I might add some cinnamon and turkish apricots to mine if that's OK with you!
Have a fun day!

Anonymous said...

What a great great recipe!! Will definetly try this! May have to substitute raisins for something else as noone in our family likes them except for me. Loved the piece on your son! I too love to surf (used to surf for ROXY WAAAYYY back in the day)and can't wait to move our family closer to the ocean so I can give them that laid back atmosphere and lifestyle!! Thanks gain!

Kathleen Grace said...

I wish we could share them together too! They look delicious:>P

Mary said...

Ooo, yum! I will definitely try these. :)
Happy Thanksgiving, Tara!
xoxo,
Mary

Betty said...

Oh! Those look yummy! I wish I could have one!

bj said...

ummmm, these look delicious. i know bill and i would love them so will get ingredients tomorrow...
thanks for sharing...
oh, and i love your backgroud with the little turkeys....
love, bj

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I adore scones, Tara! I ate so many while in Ireland. They are so addictive thta I don't dare make them as I'll eat them all myself..lol!

Thank you for your nice birthday wishes to my daughter! We appreciated them!
Hugs, Pat

Unknown said...

Tara...I LOVE scones! They are one off the coslier desert as not so popular over here. I've copied your recipe and will try it this weekend!! I hope it will be edible and wont hurt anyone haha..my baking is not the best but this recipe looks so easy. The last time I baked, my husband said the cookie could've killed our neighbour's cat :)

茶比茶 tea :tea said...

我不知道酸奶能加热!加热以后营养会不会散失?

Kelly said...

Oh I am coming over for those scones!!!! Yum!

Have a great Thanksgiving!!!

You know and those look easy enough for ME to make!!
Thanks for sharing....

Kelly

Unknown said...

Hi Tara,

Those sound delicious! I am going to try them!

Happy Thanksgiving,

Annie

Deb said...

Your raisin scones look delicious Tara. Happy Thanksgiving.
Deb
posted-from-home

Anonymous said...

I wish we could share them together too. Yumm!

Gina said...

Oh your scones look so scrummy..thanks for sharing your recipe. I hope you had a beautiful Thanksgiving with your family Tara Gx

Dena said...

I just copied this to my recipie file :) I've always wanted to try to make scones and this looks SO yummy! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Hugs,
Dena

Anonymous said...

I am going to try too make these - thanks for the receipe!

A Romantic Porch said...

Oh these look so yummy~ I need to make them!