Heat grill to medium fire. In a 13 x 9 pan, mix 2 cups white wine, half cup olive oil, juice of one lemon, thinly sliced onion, 2 minced garlic cloves, half teaspoon of each: paprika, thyme and rosemary, salt and pepper. Add clams.
Grill littleneck clams about 20-30 minutes until shells open, dip in broth. Serve in deep platter with all the juices! My family was licking their fingers over this one!
Pat from Mille Fiori Favoriti tagged me for 6 Unimportant Things. Here goes:
1. Whenever my husband is driving the car and we are with the kids and hit a tunnel, I pretend I have suddenly fallen asleep. Drives my kids crazy.
2. I am reading a REALLY funny book by Sloane Crosley called, I Was Told There'd Be Cake. Essays on her take on life, this will most certainly soon be on the best seller lists. Just a good chuckle and don't we all need that!
3. This is my last week of work. I cannot wait to wake up and not have anywhere to go! No lunches to be made-yeah!
4. Everytime I go to our favorite Italian restaurant I order spaghetti and meatballs. My mother, who is Italian, tells me any self respecting Italian would never eat a meatball out. Oh, well. I am also Irish -so there.
5. I rarely food shop. My husband loves to. I do not care what he brings home!
6. OK, I am not a fan of clams...but you had to read until the end to see that! The kids and my husband loved the clams, I dipped bread into the sauce and it was good!
Thanks, Pat, this was fun. Sometimes it's the unimportant things in our lives that make us so human! :0)