Pages

Monday, February 11, 2008

Two Gifts!

What a great weekend! When I went to the post office I found a Valentine Swap gift from Abbie of Whimsy of a Staggering Woman. Karla from Karla’s Cottage and Beth from Gathering Dust sent their Sweet Treats Gift Swap Recipe book!


Abbie’s treasures came in a beautiful box. It was filled with lovely pieces I know I’ll be using when I put together a friend’s retirement scrapbook this spring! It also contained a pic from 1924 of a young woman that was gorgeous. It was so exciting to get something sparkly just for me! Thanks to Abbie for so much fun. I am sending hers off today…









Karla and Beth’s recipe book is unbelievable. 42 bloggers sent these two creative ladies their “sweet treat” recipe. Karla and Beth were kind enough to coordinate them into a recipe book. Each book has a different cover decorated by a participant. When the book arrived we were just about to sit down to dinner. We passed it around the table and everyone tagged what they want made first. Nothing like the tried and true recipes of friends and I am excited to get started. This is so beautiful a book it is being displayed in our kitchen. My little one keeps bringing it all over the house and reading it! Actually, she wants to add Abbie’s treasures to some of the pages! Didn’t that work out well!






Thanks to all for the kind wishes for my son. I am happy to report he is up and around and back to his normal self (whew!), taking New York City by storm!

20 comments:

Cottage Contessa said...

What gorgeous surprises were awaiting you at the post office! The cookbook is fabulous! Glad to hear that your son is A-ok again too! Have a terrific day sweetie.
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Rosie's Whimsy said...

How fun! Abbie's goodie box is great....so much fun to play with and the recipe book is sure to be a keepsake. Rosie

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I'm so glad you liked your book, aren't they wonderful?? Such a great collaborative!

Sandi McBride said...

What a lucky girl you were! It was great to be you this weekend...
Sandi

Tracy said...

So many delicious treats you received--lots of treasures! So very glad your son is doing better! Happy week, my friend ((HUGS))

pve design said...

lovely packages! thanks for posting them.
I live just outside of the city and am happy to deliver any care packages to your son. As an artist, I know what it is like to be living in NY and no family nearby.
The city is great but it can also be challenging!
Hope he is feeling better! Once a Mom (or in my case 3x) always the desire to care and coddle is with us!

Mary said...

Dear Tara,
Glad to hear your son is feeling better!

What lovely treats you got! I think it's so cute that your daughter seems to love the cookbook as much as you do! :)

Hope you have a wonderful week. Are you enjoying the sunshine on LI, too? It's COLD, though!
xoxo,
Mary

Ruey said...

so happy to hear your son is doing better! xxxoooo

Unknown said...

What lovely things you received!
I am happy to hear son is doing better...!!

Elle Jay Bee said...

Why do I always seem to hear about these swaps when it is too late?? Looks like you got some beautiful tresures...

Glad to hear your son is better. It must be so hard to parent from afar. I dread the day my children head to college...

Linda
xoxo

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Glad your son is A-OK~

What wonderful goodies you received! How lovely!
Penny

Nora Lee said...

What beautiful gifts! I love the cookbook. Also glad your son is feeling better.

Sandra

Anonymous said...

Beautiful gifts, Tara! The cookbook looks like a real treasure!

Glad your son is better!

Happy week!

Melissa

Kathleen Grace said...

Well now I am terribly sorry I didn't get in on some of those swaps! The cookbook is gorgeous and those treats from Abbie look so pretty!

Deb said...

Wonderful swap parcels :-}
Glad to hear your son is feeling better.

Alison Gibbs said...

Lucky you went to the post office to colect all of your wonderful goodies.
Alison

Laura said...

Lucky girl. Great swaps and a son back up and running.

Your post is so pretty and colorful with all of those goodies.

All the best.

Gina said...

Love the cookbook and can't wait to see your scrap page!! Such good news about your son too :O) Gx

Jennifer said...

Hi Tara- What a lovely book! Absolutely gorgeous, actually. I'm sure you will use it well ... the recipe for chocolate raspberry cake in your first image is intriguing me ... maybe it would look nice on square plates?! :)

Unknown said...

really pretty, everthing is so nice here