Pages

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Enjoying the Heat



The last six months of weather have been extremely unusual on our island. We’ve gone from more snow last winter than we had seen in decades to the wettest spring on record…

But, oh! The summer! Sunshine, sunshine, sunshine…with over 80 degrees daily! It has filled our wet, darkened souls with light and laughter. The joy of remembering the feel of heat on your back when taking a morning stroll, the warm feel of your dog’s fur as you give him an afternoon stroke in the sunlight, lazy afternoons preening yourself in dappling sun on a chaise…


Those months of dank have been worth these three full weeks of bone drying heat.


The biggest preoccupation is keeping the flowers (and birds!) well watered so they may enjoy the warmth, too! Join Mary's Mosaic Monday to see more! :0)

7 comments:

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Tara I don't mind the heat, but the humidity has been dreadful this summer! I am looking forward to autumn :-)

Happy Mosaic Monday!

My Dream Canvas said...

How pretty, lovely mosaic. I am hosting a CSN Giveaway and would love for you to stop by.

Theresa Plas said...

Love the daylilly pop! Happy mosaic monday!

Vee said...

Oh the colors! I love Boleros as you may have guessed. Enjoy the warmth...not too much humidity I take it.

Unknown said...

I dont like the heat..we have them 365 days a year..but I can understand why eveyrone else like them. Enjoy Tara...with love/M

Alison Gibbs said...

You have me craving Summer. Late winter here in Australi. Can't wait for 1st September when Spring will begin
Alison

Kathleen said...

Today was gorgeous! Low humidity!