Pages

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Broadway Mosaic

A colorful sharing for Mary's Mosaic Monday! During our recent school break, we took a trip to The Great White Way to see the Broadway show Mama Mia. The lights of Broadway are all at once captivating and breathtaking. You can hear people marveling in all languages as they rush off to a show or catch a bit to eat.

Starting in 2009, vehicular traffic was banned at Times Square between 47th and 42nd Streets, and at Herald Square between 35th and 33rd Streets as part of a pilot program; the right-of-way is intact and reserved for cyclists and pedestrians. Now the whole area is a pedestrian mall and you can actually sit in the middle of Times Square, in the middle of all the glitz and glamour, and have something to drink or eat! It's amazing... and if you ever get to New York, just a sight to see!

Mama Mia is a wondeful Broadway show for the entire family. The premise? A gorgeous 20 year old woman is getting married on a Greek island and invites three older men to her wedding...her mother dated all three of them during the summer the young woman was conceived and she'd really like to find out who her Dad is! Frollicking fun with plenty of ABBA songs to enjoy. At the end of the performance, the audience is out of its seat clapping and dancing-a ball!

I can't wait to go back!

18 comments:

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

Fun and gorgeous photos...what a combination!!!

Grace said...

Great Mosaic. I am also loved Mamma Mia, I enjoyed getting up and dancing at the end. Grace xoxox

ellen b said...

Oh what fun!! Looks like a great time...

Katie@LeBeauPaonVictorien said...

Great mosiac! I can feel the energy just by looking at it! I saw Mamma Mia and loooooved it! Thanks for sharing!

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

Hi: I too saw Mama Mia a few years ago when it was in Toronto. It was fabulous. I bought the CD and play it now and then. The movie was also good. Thanks for sharing. Valerie

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Tara, That is a terrific mosaic...makes me miss going into NY to see the shows...it has been a while!
♥, Susan

Mary said...

There is no place on earth like it -- so exciting! Thanks for sharing your wonderful images at MM, Tara! :)

Laurie said...

You've captured the excitement of Broadway, at least how I imagine it to be! Thank you for sharing this with us!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous mosaic Tara! I tried my darnedest to get tickets last September while in NY, at the last minute, but no go. Maybe next time. :)

Unknown said...

I saw Mamma Mia, both the movie and the musical here - love it..since I have forever stuck in the 70's songs..reminded of my dad's time actually all those bell bottoms haha! Saw Phantom 3 times, twice in London and once in Singapore and it's my all time fav! Hey I love that big blue furry thing...now I cannot remember his name, I know it's not Elmo..Happy week ahead Tara.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I loved Momma Mia! We should make a date with Susan and all go in to Broadway and see a matinee and have lunch someday.

Fabulous mosaic! You captured it all so well, Tara, and I love the photo of your daughter with the Cookie Monster :-)

♥ Pat

Anne Chisholm said...

We usually go to New York at this time of year to enjoy an early (for us) taste of spring and take in the museums and a Broadway play. This year we spent all our money on a trip last fall to Palm Springs and Yosemite. We ad a grand time but I miss New York.*sigh*

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Thank you Tara for your well wishes! Each day is a blessing with him!

Happy day, Anita

theUngourmet said...

What a blast! ABBA! I would love to see this one! ;)

pve design said...

Alright, that is it, we really need to meet in the city, just you and me, get up off that hammock and let's make a date Mamma!
pve

Donna said...

Great photos, Tara! I loved the movie, Mamma Mia. I'd sure like to see the broadway show.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hi Tara

I flew home from Colorado yesterday on the red eye, after spending a week with my son and DIL and grandson -- it was a wonderful visit and went by way too fast! The little guy is walking and talking and was so much fun to play with -- I already miss him so much!

Hope you have a very Happy St. Patrick's Day!

♥ Pat

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Fun!