Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Case of the Missing Brownies

We're going to a friend's for dinner this evening, so I made some brownies to take with me. Well, I'll just test one...(I tell the kids this is "testing for poison" and in no way indicates cheating!)
Stiff instructions to the people I live with: DO NOT TOUCH THE BROWNIES!
I went off to fold a load of wash and found this upon my return to the kitchen...
"Hey, who did this?" Silence.
Off to make the beds and saw this upon my return..."I said do not touch the brownies! Do you all hear me?"
"Not me, Mom, not me!"
"Don't know what you are talking about!"
Hmmm...Can't find a guilty soul...
"Now come on! There will be nothing to take to dinner!"
"Mom, we were just testing for poison...you know, just to double check..." Giggles.
Ah well, like mother like child...

12 comments:

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Tara they are way too tempting to leave out in plain sight! Next time hide them under your bed, or even better put them in the the laundry room where only you venture to go..lol

Kathleen said...

Ok, I hope you baked another pan to bring!
I remember having bake sales in school and kids brought in half eaten things!
My mom used to hide it so we wouldn't touch it!

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Really, Tara? They would have been gone in an instant and everyone would have a big smile on their face in my house! Great antidote to the yucky snow outside.
♥, Susan

Kathleen Grace said...

I completely understand testing before you take something somewhere. Lol, I can't belive they left any, they look really good!

Donna said...

Makes me smile. I remember when that used to happen. They look sooooo good! I could eat one too.

Alison Gibbs said...

Tara are you sure you weren't the one 'testing for poison'???LOL
Looks so yummy
Alison

pve design said...

Well the snow shovelers need ammo, right!
I cannot blame them.
pve

Unknown said...

They look delish! I can see why they went missing!

xo,

annie

Spot said...

Tucker took them! (That's who gets the blame around here, anyway)

Anonymous said...

That post is hilarious. I can't stop laughing. That is exactly what happens at our house. And nobody ever 'fesses up.

Kate

Anonymous said...

Too funny!!! We do a lot of testing too. :) Hope you are all better now from your cold.

Gina said...

I think that's adorable....at least you know they are good! love the sprinkles! :)